Monday, November 8, 2010

Which looks more prestigious, secret prayer time (no one sees it!); living with your wife in an understanding, selfless way; training your kids in the way they should go; or John Pipering your sermons while Mark Driscolling your church marketing?

What do more people want you to do? Be a good Christian, a good husband, a good father, or a good pastor?

I have about 125 people looking to me to be a good pastor; two people looking to me to be a good dad; one person looking to me to be a good husband; and no people really looking to me to be a good Christian. 125 pats on the back, 2 pats on the back, 1 pat on the back, or no pats on the back.

If we operate according to prestige and the desires of those around us, we'll get it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it.